- Run a spellcheck
- Double check page size, finish size, all folds or die cuts match print specs.
- Check the number of colors coincides with the color palette in the document and there are no extraneous colors or that the registration color was not used as black anywhere.
- Check the width of strokes are not too thin.
- Check total ink coverage (TAC) does not exceed printer capabilities. Ink will plug up if TAC is exceeded.
- Make sure font sizes aren’t too small to print correctly.
- All printer and screen fonts required for the job are included
A) Type 1 Fonts — Include the both the screen and printer fonts. In the case of Windows these are the font ﬁles ending in PFM and PFB.
B) Open Type & True Type: Screen and printer information is contained within the font ﬁles.
- All fonts used within graphics have been included and no links are broken.
- All EPS and/or TIFF ﬁles even if they are embedded in ﬁle. This enables the printer to do any editing if necessary.
- All original ﬁles for nested graphics. (a graphic within a graphic)
- All original application art ﬁles are included with the press package (job collection).
- Rename collected package file with addendum PRESS to denote final file that was sent to press, i.e. RU-1718-0135 trifold V6 is original name, rename: RU-1718-0135 trifold V6 PRESS
- Final laser prints of all documents. (This allows a comparison of ﬁnal proofs against the original for reﬂow and such).
- Name and Contact person as well as name and description of job.
- Upload FTP information, username and password as well as FTP address.